Monday, November 5, 2012

Old Photos

I like old fishing and hunting photos, and I like the oldest ones the best.  It's impossible to deny the wonder of the digital camera, but it takes something away from fishing and hunting photos.  I don't know what it is that it takes away, but it's real.  I think it's the smell of cigar smoke, outboard exhaust and Hoppe's No. 9 gun cleaning solvent.  I can smell those things in these old photos.

Father's mother's father - my great grandfather - second from right, in glasses.

Grandpa Brayshaw

Brayshaw, Sr., circa 1970, in Colorado

Grandpa Brayshaw: always photograph the first fish of the trip.

Brayshaw with freezer-burned big bass, circa 1988 (bass caught in about 1983)

Brayshaw, Ontario Canada pike, circa 1985.

Brayshaw, Sr.  One for the freezer, Ontario, Canada.

Hair: thick, lush, no more. Indiana, circa 1988

Brayshaw & hunting pal, Phragmites the Dog, rabbit stew, circa 1989.

Four fox squirrels, four shots, .22 caliber Ruger 77

Jonny: Successful fox hunt, two shots (one to make sure), 12 bore AYA.
Brayshaw is foxy too. Large hammer, two hits (to make sure.)


No comments:

Post a Comment