We fished in up-state New York over the weekend. After considerable planning and effort, Andrew flew in from India. The fishing had been painfully slow, and we confirmed this over three full days exploring the river. Few fish were hooked, and fewer still landed.
Still, as this video of nothing happening shows, it's good to get away, with thoughts trained only on food, drink and fly selection. A rest for the brain, as Todd said.
Monday, November 2, 2015
- Notes that it is November;
- Welcomes the first jaded, brown leaves of late fall when all others recoil at the loss of vibrant color;
- Considers fingernail length for the first time in a year, all the better to remove split shot with;
- Consults lists from last year, and begins to source bottom toiletries, headlamps, swivels, foreign licenses (nb. there must be moisturizer);
- Cares about food shopping for the first time in one whole year, thereby avoiding Stefano's pizza and damaged innards;
- Thinks of 3 days of carefree cabin life and all that smoking, whisky and whiskey that will come (I'm going to be a child about it and I can't help it);
- Sends emails back and forth to fishing companion comparing recent wader purchases as would two men who know.