It was this good. Really.
Todd's excellent film of last weekend.
STEELHEAD DREAMS Nov 2013 from FlyAddict on Vimeo.
Sunday, November 17, 2013
Thursday, November 14, 2013
- Do not go fishing when the river is blown out at over 2000 CFS.
- Do not go fishing on a busy river on the busiest weekend of the year.
- Prepare yourself for dense crowds of anglers, miserable and restless at scant prospects.
- This will be the year of your first Pulaski fist fight, probably with a woman, all caught on video.
- Tell yourself, tell your friends, and tell yourself again, that a cigar will be the best thing that happens over four whole days.
Make your second cast.
- Discard your logic, everything you know.
- Henceforth, everything you touch, everywhere you look, there will be large, fresh steelhead.
- Peace and solitude will be yours for the duration.
- On returning home your inner magic will deliver yet more. Your wife will encourage you to return to Pulaski forthwith to retrieve her most expensive towel that you left in Cabin No.5, Fox Hollow Lodge (the very biggest of all the cabins, in which you earlier snagged the only bedroom).
- Roger confirms that he will gladly hold the item and will look forward to seeing you at Christmas time.
You smile at the purity of your genius.
A video with nice music will be available shortly.
Thank you for your patience while we have been mastering steelhead fishing.
Photo & baked ziti credit: Todd Kuhrt/flyaddict.com